If you checked out our Homemade Almond Butter recipe, then you’ll definitely enjoy this dark chocolate spread with a hint of sea salt. It tastes great with fruit or even on its lonesome in a spoon.
Super simple and only 5 ingredients!
2 cups almonds (plain, raw, and preferably organic)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (natural or dutch)
1 tablespoon honey, melted
1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
1-2 pinches sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread 2 cups of almonds on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. (NOTE: Check the almonds at 10 minutes. Some older ovens may be hotter than others.)
- Pour 2 cups of roasted almonds in a food processor and let it run for about 5-10 minutes until desired smoothness. Be patient. It takes a few minutes for the almonds to release the oils for a creamy nut-butter. Within the first few minutes, you’ll notice a dry, meal-like consistency. The fibers will eventually break down. (NOTE: older food processors may require a bit more time.)
- Melt honey and coconut oil together and stir in the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to dissolve.
- Add the melted mixture to the food processor and let it run for another 1-2 minutes until it emulsifies and reaches a creamy texture again.
- Sprinkle in 1-2 pinches of sea salt.
Store in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Yields ~ 1 cup
Try the Homemade Almond Butter recipe!