With GREENS being a pretty solid staple in the EAT LIFE WHOLE philosophy, we continue to share “feel good, easy, and delicious” recipes for all of you to enjoy.
This kale salad tastes asian without the addition of “soy” for those that may be allergic. Combining ginger, sesame, salt, and vinegar, you can make a flavorful dressing that will coat the roughage quite nicely.
1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped into 2″ pieces (ribs left on)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon ginger, minced (click to learn how to prep ginger)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (preferably raw)
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, prepare an ice bath (about 12 ice cubes and cold water). Set aside.
- In a medium pot, boil 4 cups of water.
- Using tongs, blanche the kale in hot water (for about 30 seconds) and immediately drop into the cold, ice bath to stop the cooking process. The leaves should turn bright green. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare your dressing in a small bowl by whisking the minced ginger, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Strain the kale to remove all of the water. Toss with toasted sesame seeds and dressing.