Enjoy these savory, crispy delights all by themselves or as a salad topping.
Over the last few weeks, we have been busy here at ELW working with Genentech to get ready for their Wellness Wednesday event. They planned a full day of activities for their employees – including everything from yoga to tai chi to healthy eating.
And that’s where we came in.
Recognizing the importance of a healthy diet, the folks at Genentech asked us to come and share some of our tips and suggestions for nutritious, packable lunches. The best part is that they all got to experience a few of our tasty suggestions first-hand. Working closely with the Genentech team, we planned a menu of delicious, easy-to-make foods, perfect for a packable lunch or picnic.
Check out what we made. Maybe try a few on your own.
- Kale Chips with Coconut
- Superfood Green Salad with Fun Fixins
- Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- Miso Vinaigrette
- Farro Grain Salad with Edamame and Carrots
- Veggie & Chicken Kabobs
- Best-Ever Maple & Honey Granola
- Dark Chocolate Granola Bites
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
3 ½ lightly packed cups kale, large ribs removed and torn into chip-size pieces
1 ½ cup large-flake coconut
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees with two racks in the top third of the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil and tamari.
- Put the kale and coconut in a large bowl and toss well with about two-thirds of the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the kale evenly across the two baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, until the coconut is deeply golden brown, tossing once or twice along the way. If the kale mixture on the top baking sheet begins to get too browned, move it to the lower rack.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the kale mixture to a medium bowl. Taste. If you feel it needs a bit more dressing, add some and toss.
Makes about 4 cups.
Inspired by Heidi Swanson, Super Natural Every Day