Enjoy some chocolate with your granola. It’s a great candy-bar replacement.
Over the last few weeks, we have been busy here at ELW working with Genentech to get ready for their Wellness Wednesday event. They planned a full day of activities for their employees – including everything from yoga to tai chi to healthy eating.
And that’s where we came in.
Recognizing the importance of a healthy diet, the folks at Genentech asked us to come and share some of our tips and suggestions for nutritious, packable lunches. The best part is that they all got to experience a few of our tasty suggestions first-hand. Working closely with the Genentech team, we planned a menu of delicious, easy-to-make foods, perfect for a packable lunch or picnic.
Check out what we made. Maybe try a few on your own.
- Kale Chips with Coconut
- Superfood Green Salad with Fun Fixins
- Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- Miso Vinaigrette
- Farro Grain Salad with Edamame and Carrots
- Veggie & Chicken Kabobs
- Best-Ever Maple & Honey Granola
- Dark Chocolate Granola Bites
1 cup “Best Ever Maple & Honey Granola”
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut – unsweetened and shredded
- Evenly spread granola in small round or square 8″ baking pan (a plate will work too). Be sure to spread into a thin, even layer with no gaps between the granola.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and pour/spread over the granola.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut and place into the freezer to harden.
- Once the chocolate has re-solidified, crack into bite-size pieces using a tip of a butter knife.
- Store chocolate granola bites in a sealed container in the refrigerator for fast and easy sweet treats.